Tuesday, April 13, 2010

White Princess of the Jungle in "King of the Gorillas!" (Avon; 1952)








Yesterday I had a moment of dawning horror, when I realized that I hadn't followed through with my plans for another go round of "Go Ape Shit Week". Blame it on all of the cool comics, original art and stuff that I've been archiving into the actual Catacombs lately. Alas, but better late than never.

Tarinda, White Princess of the Jungle had a short run series with Avon in the 1950's. "King of the Gorillas!" is taken from White Princess of the Jungle #5 (Nov. 1952; the last issue of the series). The nice artwork is by the team of Gene Fawcette & Vince Alascia. The cover is tossed in to appease your wrath.

The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: The copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork belong to the original publisher and/or the creators and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes.

Enjoy!

No comments: