Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Nights Are Reserved For Cats!


Anne Hathaway has landed the role of Selina Kyle in the upcoming film "The Dark Knight Rises". Hathaway will join Christian Bale, reprising his role as Batman. Also joining the cast is Tom Hardy, who will portray the steroid-freak villain Bane. Director Christopher Nolan's press release specifically avoids referring to "Catwoman" (Selina Kyle's other identity), so we'll have to wait and see if she dons the catsuit of her alter ego. Other actors who were vying for this part were Keira Knightley, Rachel Weisz, Blake Lively and Natalie Portman. I personally didn't care for any of those otherwise fine choices for this particular character.

As far as I'm concerned, they made the right choice. Hathaway is sexy, delicious, talented and should add quite a bit to what is expected to be the last outing of Nolan's version of the Caped Crusader. Plus, this gives me the opportunity to post this stunning photo of Ms. Hathaway. I've sat on this for a long time, since she has already been featured as a "Gal" Friday selection, but I could never quite bring myself to delete it.

Yeah, she looks like "Catwoman" to me!

5 comments:

Steve Does Comics said...

My knowledge of Anne Hathaway comes entirely from reading about her in Shakespeare classes and seeing certain movie stills of her, on... ...certain Internet websites. From this little knowledge, I can safely say that she shapes up well for a 400 year old woman and that I fully approve of her.

Anonymous said...

Anne Hathaway would be perfect for the role.She even has eyes like a Catwoman.Are there going to be more villains?Liampheoin

Chuck Wells said...

Actor Tom Hardy (the cloned younger Picard in Star Trek: Nemesis) will portray Bane.

aboutnici said...

I love Anne Hathaway and I think that she's perfect as Catwoman. I hope the she'll kick Batman's butt!

Chuck Wells said...

I wholeheartedly agree, aboutnici.

Thanks for signing up for the Catacombs. You've got some terrific photo blogs running, too. I will deinitely stop by your blogs and see whats new occasionally!