Saturday, May 2, 2009

What I grabbed during FCBD 2009!


I would like to take the time to thank all of the publishers, distributors and comic shop owners who participated in "Free Comic Book Day 2009". Out of the forty odd items that were potentially available today, I chose DC Comics Blackest Night #0 preview, Bongo Comics The Simpson's Free-for-All, Drawn & Quarterly's very nice Nancy & Melvin Monster flip book by the great John Stanley, Archie Comics The Mighty Archie Art Players Special, Image Comics Savage Dragon #148 (guest starring the golden age Daredevil & the Little Wise Guys) and Fantagraphics Love and Rockets issue.

Great, fun stuff all around.

It was nice to see several families coming in with their smaller kids, and both of the local shops closest to me had nice crowds. Whether the stores made an event out of this annual tradition by hosting professional artists or fan groups decked out as Star Wars Stormtroopers, it's always just a little bit fun to throw yourself into the spirit of comics....even for a single day.

1 comment:

Wayne Skiver said...

My wife dreaded tagging along with my son and I...until she got her big foam Wolverine claws. :-)

Now if she would stop hitting me with them!