Friday, July 23, 2010

"Gal" Friday! Jennifer Garner




We're experiencing a bit of an extended heat wave down south and while I'm not minding the steady change of pace that Mother Nature is fielding for those of us below the Mason-Dixon Line, it is currently pretty, damned HOT.

Sadly I'm not attending Comic-Con in San Diego this week, but that hasn't kept me from being busy. I have several reviews pending, I'm cursing as I await a couple of promised interviews and my daughter is due back from London on Sunday AND I am about to embark on an eight day work week, since two of my full-time workers are heading out for vacations.

Yeesh!

Let me quickly cut to the chase and correct an old wrong. I simply can't believe that Jennifer Garner hasn't been inducted as one of my "Gal" Friday's until now, but there you go. Sometimes things just roll along all pell-mell and stuff just manages to elude you.

Mrs. Ben Affleck is of course known for her television role as CIA agent Sydney Bristow in the thriller drama series Alias, which aired on ABC from 2001 to 2006. She has also appeared on screen in Pearl Harbor, Daredevil, 13 Going on 30, Juno and The Invention of Lying. Jennifer may have floated a "foul ball" when she reprised her superhero role from Daredevil in 2005's Elektra, but she still looked pretty smoking hot while doing so.

The former Ms. Garner is also a tall Texan, so she gets extra credit for that. I mean - come on - look at that face!

1 comment:

Mykal Banta said...

I may be one of the few that thought Daredevil not bad. The only real thing wrong was the casting. No - Ben Affleck and the dear Ms. Garner were just fine (as you say, she is stunningly, old-school beautiful). The hole in the hull that sunk the ship was Colin Farrel, looking like a 12-year-old playing dress-up. Was there ever an actor less intimidating?