Monday, May 9, 2011

Camilla in "The Flame Queen and the Witchman" (Fiction House;?)









Bear with me this week folks, I didn't post any comic book stories last week, so I'm going to make up for that with golden age classics today, tomorrow and Thursday. I want to review my favorite Free Comic Book Day issues on Wednesday; and then close out the week with my usual "Gal" Friday post before heading to West Virginia for a few days to enjoy my oldest daughters college graduation.

This Camilla story is a bit of a mystery, since neither Mr. Falkos or I know where it was originally printed. Therefore there are no creator credits either. It looks pretty good, and at four pages, it's a short read (part of the reason why you're getting an "extra" story this week). The lack of an official title allowed me to select one of my own, "The Flame Queen and the Witchman", for inclusion in the Catacombs archives.

The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: The copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork belong to the original publisher and/or creators and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Darci said...

See http://www.comics.org/issue/9571/#86117 for Ka'a'anga Comics #11 (Spring 1952). The GCD doesn't mention it on that page, but see #12 for the indexer's comments about the Camilla story there being revised from Jungle Comics #91.
Hope this helps,
Darci