Monday, November 8, 2010

The Green Hornet and Captain Action Team Up!



As a follow up to my earlier sneak peek, I thought that I would let everyone in on this cool update from that September post!

Ed Catto and the gang at Captain Action Enterprises, LLC have been hitting the convention circuit hard in recent weeks, appearing at the New York Comic-Con and Kingcon to promote Moonstone Books upcoming "Captain Action Winter Special".

The over-sized one-shot goes on sale in January 2011 with 48-whopping pages priced at $4.99. The four stories featured include an original Capt. Action adventure which pits him against a beautiful French spy and a Communist Yeti atop a 3,000 foot precipice in a fear-fraught tale written by Beau Smith and illustrated by Eduardo Barretto (see artwork above; top).

Lady Action stars in the fun filled romp, "The Spy Who Snowballed Me", by Tony Lee and Reno Maniquis. Khem, Action boy's panther, is featured in a solo adventure by Joe Gentile and Giovanni Trimpano and for the first time ever, Captain Action teams up with The Green Hornet a sizzling 1960's showdown written by Matthew Baugh.

The cover for this special issue will be provided by Mark Wheately, but retailers will have access to an incentive option to earn an alternate Green Hornet/Captain Action cover by Rubin Procopio (both pictured above; left).

Let your comics shop know now if you want to score a copy for yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited about this book and it's on my list of must and will purchases. Anything by Beau and Eduardo gets my money every single time, even if it was sight unseen. They're among the best comic book story-telling teams of all time for me personally.

Tim Kretzer
Proctorville, OH
USA

cash_gorman said...

I'm a bit torn. I like the creative team and that pic with the cossack on the cliff hauling the man up is gorgeous. But, Moonstone's version of Captain Action has left me pretty cold.