Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cave Girl in "The Jungle Badman" (Magazine Enterprises; 1954)

Leap year has run its course, and sadly so has my special 50th birthday bash series of "All-Star" posts here in the Catacombs; so thank you all for stopping by during the month of February 2012. As I look back, I think that I could have whittled the list of all-stars down a bit, certainly doing so would have allowed me to showcase more stories from a few select favorites. As it is, I tried to present golden age tales that had eye-popping appeal, at least in my own estimation. However, whether I succeeded or not, it is appropriate that we bring things full circle, and close with the character that started the ball rolling, so here once again is Cave Girl starring in "The Jungle Badman" from Cave Girl #13 (Jul-Sept.1954); originally published by Magazine Enterprises. Just like that Cave Girl story from earlier in the month, this fine adventure is written by Gardner Fox and illustrated by Bob Powell. When Buck Maldin escapes from prison, Bobo the pygmy decides to capture him for the reward money. Cave Girl has to protect Bobo from his own clumsiness and capture Buck. The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: The copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork belongs to the original publisher and/or the creators and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!

1 comment:

HEH said...

Gorgeous artwork! Thanks for sharing another Cave Girl, Chuck.