Monday, October 4, 2010

"The Devil's Chair" (St. John;1953)









As you comics-loving ghouls build towards your own personal Halloween celebrations, please take a moment or two throughout the month to enjoy my "Strange Terrors" theme with this first fine tale from - of all places - Strange Terrors #6 (Jan.1953); published on the cusp of the Silver Age by St. John. Sadly the writer and artist for today's story is unknown (strangely appropriate if you ask me), but the excellent front cover was done by Albert Tyler.

Have a seat in "The Devil's Chair" and brace yourself for a chilling experience and then hustle on back here tomorrow for the first of this years "Icons of Horror" posts.

See you then!

1 comment:

60-ishConfusedMale said...

I first read this about 1963, when I was 10 years old, and the graphics scared me shitless.
I suddenly remembered it and now just turned 67, thought I'd search for it.
Thank you very much for making me 10 again.
Peter Hearn