Thursday, October 20, 2011

Perils of Nyoka: "Ru Tu's Eye" (Fawcett;1946)

"Ru Tu's Eye" is a taut adventure starring Nyoka the Jungle Girl from the long-running "Perils of Nyoka" strip, specifically from Master Comics #67 (Apr.1946); originally published by Fawcett Comics. I wish that I could tell you the names of the creators, but I just don't have it to tell. Nyoka effectively snags herself in a fatal death trap, and then escapes in an ingenious manner with a little help from her friends. The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: The copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork, belong to the original publisher and/or creators, and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes.





Enjoy!

4 comments:

Smurfswacker said...

Nice strip! That's the legendary George Tuska doing the art.

Daniel [oeconomist.com] said...

Looks like Tuska to me.

Chuck Wells said...

Groovy! Two votes of confidence for Tuska, and that's okay with me.

Robert R. Barrett said...

Hi Chuck: I was going to tell you that that's George Tuska, but I see that two others have beat me to it!
Robert R. Barrett