Monday, October 17, 2011

Tabu, Wizard of the Jungle in "Land of Mystery" (Fiction House; 1942)








I almost posted my next Halloween Horror Festival review today, but since I skipped a classic golden age comics story post on Thursday, I feel like I owe you guys an extra jungle adventure this week. Look for my review of "I Spit On Your Grave" (2010) on Wednesday; as a remake, it's actually pretty good. Today's tale starring Tabu, Wizard of the Jungle is from Jungle Comics #30 (June 1942); originally published by Fiction House. In just a few pages "Land of Mystery", written and illustrated by George Carl Wilhelms, weaves a story of black magic juju, monkey transformation and murder. The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: The copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork belong to the original publisher and/or creators, and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!

No comments: