Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Starlog signs off!


After 374 issues, Starlog magazine has called it a day. The current owners of the magazine have ended the printed edition of the sci-fi, media and comics genre publication. What now passes for Starlog will continue to be available only as an online e-publication.

I loved Starlog as a teenager and tried never to miss an issue in the late 1970's and early 1980's. I had amassed a small mountain of Starlog magazines, when I finally stopped picking it up too many years ago to actually remember when my last purchase occurred.

Like many other folks who have posted their reactions to this "death", I didn't even realize that Starlog was still being published.

Back in the days when the Internet wasn't around, its coverage of the Star Trek continuations, exploding Star Wars phenomena and other genre stuff from TV shows to comics and beyond was a real treat for fandom. Thanks Starlog, for keeping us in the mix over the past 33 years.

1 comment:

Sam G said...

Wow. I, too, used to buy Starlog back in the late 70's and early 80's...along with their sister publication Fangoria. So long Starlog magazine.