Friday, June 14, 2013

"Gal" Friday! Amy Adams

Right off the bat, let me say that Amy Adams is a repeat "Gal" Friday having earned her first slot back in 2009. Still, "Man of Steel" starring Henry Cavill, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, and Michael Shannon opens worldwide today, and she is the latest actress to fill the iconic role of intrepid reporter Lois Lane. I see the obviously quite lovely (and perfectly red-headed) Ms. Adams as more of a classic Lana Lang-type, but then I didn't cast this flick. Considering that some of the leaked plot information breaks with established Superman canon in this film, it is surprising to me that they didn't also simply forgo having Lois on-hand for this movie, and just use Clark Kent's original Smallville sweetheart?

I hope that the star-studded cast lives up to the hype, and that the mixed reviews indicate only select fan critics anal personal opinions. I do have to add that the 2006 "Superman Returns" starring Brandon Routh wasn't as horrible as many folks have made out, and he was pretty good as Clark/Superman. I like what I've seen in the trailers and look forward to seeing this blockbuster film this weekend. Come and join me!

Click for large sexier version!

No comments: