Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Camilla in "The Cult of the Black Cobra" (Fiction House; 1942)

“Whoopi-ty-aye-oh
Rockin` to and fro,
Back in the saddle again.
Whoopi-ty-aye-yay
I go my way,
Back in the saddle again!”

I spent a pleasant five days in sunny San Antonio visiting my son as he graduated from Air Force basic training and after strolling various points of the downtown Riverwalk, nearby Sea World, the Tower of the Americas, and the famous Alamo, trust me on this – my ass is tired. I’m skipping past a few remaining tales of the “Queen of the Lost Empire” period of today’s heroine, Camilla, and posting a later "Queen of the Jungle Empire" story from Jungle Comics #31 (Jul.1942); originally published by Fiction House, and illustrated by “Nick Viscardi” a name more familiar to Silver Age DC Comics fans as Nick Cardy (Aquaman, Bat Lash, etc.). I’m dubbing this previously untitled golden age classic “The Cult of the Black Cobra.” The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: The copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork belongs to the original publisher and/or creators and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

HEH said...

Congratulations to your son, Chuck! Speaking of tired, on Monday and Tuesday I somehow managed to get myself involved in a scrimmage game during my 9-year old daughter's soccer practice. Ouch am I worn out and sore!


Lovely artwork. I especially like that snake bit to the neck shot! Thanks for posting these jungle comics.
re

Chuck Wells said...

You're welcome!

All three of my "kids" are well past the age of nine, but they still manage to wear me out.