Friday, September 14, 2012

"Gal" Friday! AZ Powergirl

Photo by Dennis Larson
Yours truly and this weeks "Gal" Friday1

Prepping for Baltimore; ooh-la-la.
I spent last weekend in Maryland, enjoying the Baltimore Comic-Con! There was lots of fun to be had, and lots of sights to take in, plus being there gave me an opportunity to bring you this weeks "gal" Friday selection in person (so to speak). Cara Nicole is one of several prominent cosplayers who superbly fill out the classic uniform of DC Comics heroine "Power Girl" at various conventions and shows around the country. At such appearances she bills herself as "AZ Powergirl", and I must say that seeing her in the flesh is quite uplifting. I had only been aware of her fairly recently, and so it was particularly thrilling to happen upon her booth while strolling among the aisles in Baltimore. I conscripted my brother into photographer duty, and the resulting pic (above; middle) is presented here for your edification; oh, and the t-shirt draped over my shoulder wasn't an oversight on my part. It was left there because I was drooling! Cara obviously enjoys having some fun with her genre roles as she travels, and she is a cool chick to meet in person. As a bonus, I have a neat premium item giveaway for anyone who might have missed out on seeing her at a con appearance. For the next month, post your name in this thread, and on October 15, 2012 I will randomly draw one lucky visitors name from everyone who enters to receive a signed copy of her 26 page photo book from Baltimore; which will be mailed free of charge as a courtesy of the Catacombs. It's a nice full-color look at Cara's behind the scenes cosplay, modeling and acting career, and hopefully winning this comic-sized book will warm the cockles of your heart. Good luck to all!

10 comments:

Gary said...

Alright, put my name in the hat for a book!

Anthony Billings Art said...

I'd like to have one, please....

Chuck Wells said...

I am also receiving private emails requesting inclusion, so just so everyone knows - this is acceptable too. The more the merrier!

-> Ray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Does that young lady have makeup on her nipples - landsakes!

Chuck Wells said...

I've studied this photo long and hard (trust me on that) and the answer is - hell if I know.

Later today, I may study it once again (um, long & hard mode fully engaged, of course)!

NMTommy said...

I wanna win! I saw her at ACE, didn't know she was so famous until later...

Kevin said...

Lol... she DOES use makeup on her nipples! I found one (JUST one) topless shot she did as PowerGirl, and you can tell she touches them up to be less visible for conventions. ^_^

Anonymous said...

In the second pic i see things that look like perky nipples or maybe just my imagination....

Chuck Wells said...

Not imaginary at all, just a bit of wardrobe shifting and a degree of makeup failure; since the rouge that was serving as backup had apparently smeared!