Monday, September 20, 2010

Bungle in the Jungle!!


"Jungle love, it's driving me mad! It's making me crazy, crazy. Jungle love, it's driving me mad! It's making me crazy."

Steve Miller is the doctor of love after all, and apparently he accurately diagnosed Frank Cho way back in the 1970's in his classic tune, "Jungle Love".

I saw this teaser image over at Mr. Cho's forum and just had to share it with those hardy souls who frequent the Catacombs. Cho says that this is a "new" creator-owned character that he's planning on introducing for the French market. Now in case you missed it, look once more. Does this "jungle" girl" look decidedly different than any other "jungle girl" that Cho has made his post-Liberty Meadows career on? No, I didn't think so either.

If an otherwise talented man like Frank Cho was ever in danger of becoming a perpetual one-note wonder, then I would have to say that he is knock-knock-knocking at the door with yet another indistinguishable jungle girl project. French market be damned, this is getting ridiculous. Shanna the She-Devil = Jungle Girl = etc.

Frank, lay the loin cloths to the side for awhile and at least try drawing something different, please.

No comments: