Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Tarzan Cover Gallery!

In the early 1970s, DC Comics acquired the license to publish comics starring Tarzan of the Apes, and then continued the numbering from the previous Gold Key Comics series. Here are the first fifteen covers starring the classic Edgar Rice Burroughs creation from #207 (Apr.1972) through #221 (Jul.1973); all illustrated by the legendary Joe Kubert, and with perfectly muted and sensational coloring by Tatjana Wood. Believe me, you'll see nothing of this caliber in the new Dynamite Entertainment series, "Lord of the Jungle" title. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Don Hudson said...

Really powerful Kubert art on this run, Even though the 'Mine from Hell' book had some art reused from another strip.

Rodrigo Baeza said...

I remember that "Mine from Hell" issue. I believe it consisted of reprints of John Celardo strips, with new art by Kubert in between. Even as a kid I thought that was a strange combination.

Chuck Wells said...

I haven't looked at my issues in years, but I vaguely remember what you guys are referring to. At least this will give me a chance to go back and enjoy these books all over again