Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Perils of Nyoka: "The Death of A Thousand Needles" (Fawcett; 1944)








Nyoka the Jungle Girl returns to the Catacombs for Part 3 of the golden age serial, "The Death Rug", from Master Comics #52 (July 1944); originally published by Fawcett Comics.

The writer of this strip is Rod Reed and the artwork is by Jack Sparling. I like the name of the bad guy in this adventure, Hamid El Ratt. It just nicely sums up his overall charm, don't ya think?

The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: The copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork belong to the original publisher and/or the creators and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes.

Nyoka will also be visiting the Catacombs again on Thursday of this week, so hurry on back and until then - Enjoy!

1 comment:

Mykal Banta said...

You know, I think Sparling might be due for a real renaissance. I saw some JS recently over at Karswell's THOIA recently, now here. Plus, I have some stuff of his coming up on my gold Key joint. I feel in cool company!