Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wild Boy in "The Witch Doctor" (Ziff-Davis;1951)










Heroes Con's aftermath has left me a bit winded, and then on Monday, my official John Byrne commission finally came in the mail. I'm also still sorting through the silver & bronze age comics that I picked up at the show, while marveling at the stack of original art pages and sketches and commissions that I purchased in Charlotte .... and I've not even detailed the neat toys, graphic novels and other mementos that I carted home, too.

Whew!

I must admit that even now I am in the planning stages for August's Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA; where in addition to all that I mentioned above, there will also be tons of genre actors, sci-fi/fantasy/& horror authors, bands and performance artists and bodacious young ladies cavorting around in next-to-nothing cos-play outfits.

Like I said, "whew"!

Here is the classic golden age story that was meant for Tuesday, Wild Boy of the Congo stars in an entertaining, exciting and well-drawn feature titled "The Witch Doctor" from Wild Boy #12 [2] published by Ziff-Davis in Apr. 1951. The Grand Comic Database doesn't identify the creators, but as a consolation prize, I'm including the inside front cover which features some interesting jungle factoids (circa the era in which the info was printed). The Catacombs is grateful to Don "Zu-Gogo" Falkos for providing the scans for this story. Note: the copyright for this issue, its contents and artwork belong to the original publisher and/or creators and is reproduced here solely for entertainment purposes.

Enjoy!

No comments: