Friday, August 26, 2011

"Gal" Friday! Violante Placido

Italian actress and singer, Violante Placido appeared alongside George Clooney in the 2010 drama-thriller The American and she has been cast as “Nadya” in next years Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, a sequel to the 2007 film Ghost Rider based on the Marvel Comics character. She released her first album in 2006, most of which was recorded in English, and all of the tracks were written by herself.

If you haven’t seen The American, I highly recommend that you do so. The film is an excellent thriller about a gunsmith (Clooney) who becomes involved with a prostitute while he’s building a custom-designed sniper rifle for an assassination, and being stalked by unknown assassins. Placido generously shows lots of nudity in the movie, and to describe her as merely “beautiful” would be a serious understatement. I was unaware of her before viewing this flick, but I’m gonna keep my eyes peeled for her henceforth. Pun intended! For now, I’m adding her to the Catacombs as this weeks official “gal” Friday selection.

2 comments:

Cease said...

Very eclectic blog, Chuck, m'man! Some of these jungle comics characters in previous posts are new to me.

This was the top when I searched for 1970's blogs. I was almost finished posting this Englehart character analysis over on integr8dfix.blogspot.com and began to wonder who else would love it.

Thanks for the movie tip, and va-va-voom and buon giorno!

Mike D. said...

She's got eyes like Bardot...